CaptureAge is an external spectating client for Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition. It renders any supported game-mode you are currently spectating with a custom overlay with brand new statistics not available in the game. CaptureAge will be seeing regular updates adding functionality from CA Classic, improving performance and many more features in time. All common game modes are support, including 1v1, Team Games, FFA, AI games, Battle Royale and others.
- Performance suggestions:
- put the game into an as small as possible windowed mode (Alt + Enter) and select the smallest possible resolution in the Graphics settings for the game (not CaptureAge)
- enable a small trees mod in the AoE2:DE mod menu and enable the experimental use of mods in the CaptureAge graphics settings
- (if applicable) disable the use of enhanced graphics DLC in AoE2 (does not affect CaptureAge visuals)
- limit the games window to 20fps (For example via Nvidia control panel. Since CaptureAge renders its own graphics, high fps on the games window are wasted ressources.)
- make sure AoE2:DE is installed on an SSD, as CaptureAge uses the games files, a fast hard drive is impacting its performance as well.
- You cannot spectate the game while playing.